- After receipt of the documents by post or after downloading the relevant document from our website the
completed intermediate examination documents must be returned to the institute within 7 days. The completed
final examination documents must be returned to the institute within 14 days - either by post, by fax or
- Each exam is based on the relevant study documents. Auxiliary means are not permitted- with the exception
of the use of a calculator. The time limit for the intermediate exam is 180 minutes and for the final
exam 300 minutes.
- Each examination contains instructions on the execution of the tasks.
- Failed examinations may be retaken twice.
- Pass mark for any examination is 4.0.
- On passing the intermediate examination the participant will be admitted to the final examination.
- The final examination is limited to 5 hours and covers all subsidiary fields of study.
- Instead of taking a final exam you may write a diploma thesis. The topic and structure of your thesis must
be coordinated with the Institute's Governing Body.
Here is some information on how to write your diploma thesis.
- The participant will notify the institute of any significant interruptions to his studies. He will name his reasons
for this interruption and state when he anticipates to be able to resume his studies.
Basel, 10 June 2009